jouissant: image of nebula (Default)
[personal profile] jouissant
Dear writer,

Thank you so much for writing for me! Pining is one of my absolute favorite tropes so I’m really excited about this exchange. I’m sure I’ll love whatever you write. I have expanded on my additional tags below, but it was really difficult to narrow it down and I honestly would be thrilled with most of the scenarios in the tag set for these pairings, so if you had something in mind that we didn’t happen to match on, feel free to run with it as long as it doesn’t hit my DNWs. I picked tags that particularly appeal to my id with each pairing, but again feel free to mix and match between fandoms if you are inspired. I like fics of all ratings and flavors - most of these canons invite darker elements; please go there if you want.

DNWs:

— sexual content involving characters under 15 - teenage experimentation/sexual content or relationships between characters 15+ or vaguely older teenage characters is fine.

-noncon other than as requested for specific fandoms below

— fic dealing with COVID or recent US politics (Roe v. Wade, anti- LGBTQ legislation) - passing mentions are okay for a contemporary canon like Succession especially when the tone is dark/gallows humor (ex. Shiv’s politics being a plot point, Roman being Roman) but would prefer nothing focused on these subjects.

— scat, emetophilia, extremely detailed descriptions of bleeding/blood loss (passing mentions are fine/encouraged but not loving detail, it makes me woozy)

— unrequested crossovers or fusions




Fire Emblem Musou: Fuukasetsugetsu | Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Ferdinand von Aegir/Hubert von Vestra (both pining, requited)


Mutual pining but laws/custom/duty keep them apart

Edelgard and Hubert’s duties as retainer are a huge potential third wheel in any relationship between these two. Hubert seems almost physically incapable of detaching from his responsibilities, even when ordered. I also see Ferdinand as the type to stoically accept this without question - as a noble, he’d be intimately familiar with sacrifice for the sake of duty and might even fancy himself a bit of a martyr for it, but I could imagine things souring fairly easily. What stands in the way of their relationship? What leads them to believe these obstacles are insurmountable and how do they eventually overcome them?

Pining for someone who betrayed you

For a while in Scarlet Blaze I got the impression Hubert suspected Ferdinand was helping his father - he’s so suspicious of Shez (and everyone tbh) that the thought has to have occurred to him. See also the cutscene between Edelgard and Ferdinand when she mentions Hubert losing patience with Ferdinand’s legal research. How does his suspicion affect their relationship? Maybe things are just beginning to happen between them when Duke Aegir escapes - does Hubert cut things off, or does he decide to keep Ferdinand close? An AU where Ferdinand actually is spying for his father and is torn between familial allegiances and Hubert would be really interesting. I’d be down for a darker take on this - Hubert attempting to extract information via torture, Ferdinand imprisoned in the dungeon while Hubert visits him for very dubcon sex, increasing levels of mental gymnastics around keeping Ferdinand alive etc. To what extent and at what point their pining is requited is up to you, though I would like at least a hint of requitedness.

Physical intimacy while pining

Fighting together! Hiding from enemies! Close quarters in camp! Sweating and bleeding all over each other! Washing off and tending to wounds! Late night strategy meetings! Only one bed! The backdrop of the imperial campaign is rife with opportunity to smush these two together while they pine so please go wild. If you want to write smut I love characters trying and failing to pretend they aren’t turned on or deciding to trade hand or blowjobs or more out of “necessity” while hiding their feelings.

pining for emotional relationship in a perceived to be physical one

Both or either of them are sure the relationship is nothing more than physical/circumstantial and want more. I love the tension around this dynamic a lot.

Mutually pining fuckbuddies

They’re definitely just hooking up because they’re at war and neither has time or desire for anything else, it’s a matter of convenience and they definitely aren’t catching feelings that grow stronger with every passing encounter.

Pining character would cross taboo line for object of pining if needed

I would love a fic expanding on Hubert essentially helping Ferdinand kill his father in battle - was this a discussion beforehand? How would it have gone? How does Ferdinand relate to Hubert’s ruthlessness? I can’t remember if it’s just fanon that Hubert killed his own father or if it’s confirmed in either game beyond being strongly implied but it’s definitely my headcanon and I love the parallel it suggests. Would Ferdinand ask Hubert to kill Duke Aegir if he couldn’t do it? Is Hubert surprised that he does it after all? Do they consummate their pining after the battle while Ferdinand is still covered in his father’s blood? And possibly crying?

Fire Emblem: Fuukasetsugetsu | Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Jeritza von Hrym/ Byleth (Jeritza pining, requited or unrequited)


Note- I don’t have a strong preference for M or F Byleth. If you want to just not gender them at all that’s also totally fine with me. All flavors of darkfic, BDSM and dub- or non-con are fine for these two. He canonically wants them to stab him, so.

Obsessive Love
- more of an undercurrent to their dynamic, but the immediate draw Jeritza has to Byleth is really interesting to me. How early on in the game are we when he starts to pine for Byleth? How is it connected to the Death Knight’s bloodlust?

Pining character expects to be killed by their crush

Tell me more about Jeritza’s obsession with Byleth and his deep thoughts about being run through by Byleth’s sword, real or metaphorical. How does this change and evolve the closer they get, particularly after the end of the main story when they’re fighting TWSITD? Jeritza really impugns himself for his actions as the Death Knight, so does he expect Byleth to be repulsed by him and worsen his pining? The Death Knight seems to have an almost physical yearning for death at Byleth’s hands - how does this evolve and mellow as their S support suggests? What if Byleth does kill the Death Knight - how does it happen and how do they feel about it? Does this necessarily mean they kill Jeritza?

Pining character is monster/villain on a leash for object of affection

I love what we see of Jeritza’s interactions with Edelgard and his clear gratitude to her for allowing an outlet for the Death Knight, so what would this be like with Byleth in her place, maybe during their time hunting TWSITD after the main story is complete? Any kind of AU would be amazing here, too- dark Byleth as a conquerer with Jeritza as their pet monster, any kind of relevant historical AU or royalty AU. I’m imagining Lord Byleth with Jeritza as their monstrous retainer, maybe even opposite Edelgard and Hubert.

Edelgard von Hresvelg/Hubert von Vestra (Hubert pining, requited or unrequited)

Arranged marriage - object of pining married off to someone else

This seems like a fairly likely scenario in Fodlan either in an AU where Edelgard’s war doesn’t happen or as part of it. We know Hubert has been with Edelgard basically since childhood, so has he long expected her to marry someone else and made a kind of peace with it? Does he insist on accompanying her to her new household and how does he make his presence known there? Do they have some kind of established relationship by the time she’s married, and does that continue afterwards? I am partial to Edelgard/Byleth so if you feel inclined to have Edelgard marry them I’d be into that, but otherwise I don’t have strong preferences.

Pining character murders those that hurt other character, Pining character would cross taboo line for object of pining if needed

I would love to see a pre-canon fic exploring Hubert’s escalating ruthlessness in Edelgard’s name - does he try to retaliate against her captors and fail because of his age/inexperience and vow to get stronger? Does he retaliate against the wrong people, or make assumptions about what she wants that turn out to be overkill? Does he sublimate his pining into increasingly excessive acts of violence? I really enjoy the times Hubert and Edelgard disagree about which course to take - tell me about a time when he made the wrong call in her eyes - what was the fallout? Is Edelgard aware of how Hubert’s feelings for her motivate him, and does she take advantage?

Ongoing physical relationship despite pining character having been rejected

Hubert and Edelgard are in a FWB type relationship or Hubert sees sex as a natural extension of his retainer duties; maybe Edelgard feels guilt about using him this way or maybe she doesn’t.

Physical intimacy while pining

I imagine Hubert’s position as a retainer is both a blessing and a curse for him in terms of pining. I would love to see both accidental / incidental proximity and/or acts of service he undertakes as part of his position/their long history and Edelgard’s high degree of trust in him and how he manages them while pining for her.

Bad guys force pining character to noncon their crush

Again, this could be a scenario set pre-canon or any time during the game, and I am not picky as to who the bad guys are. I love this setup most when both parties are trying to help each other through a terrible situation and when there is a kind of parody of intimacy happening - maybe one or both parties are turned on and feel guilty about it.

Arcane: League of Legends
Jayce/Viktor (both pining, requited or unrequited)


Trying to ignore feelings while forced to work in close quarters with person of their affection
Pining silently due to worry it will ruin their working relationship
Physical intimacy while pining

Give me all the late nights in the workshop/lab burning the midnight oil, collapsing in a heap together, passing each other ingredients and equipment, learning one another’s work styles so that working together becomes an intimate dance they’re afraid to disturb. My impression is that Jayce would be more willing to take the risk than Viktor, but maybe not, or maybe he just assumes that would be the case and holds off out of respect/propriety while Viktor is quietly burning for him. I’d also be down for any AU that features a similar working relationship - grad students, scientists of any kind, astronauts, etc.

Character is too sick/hurt to hide their pining any more

As Viktor’s illness takes hold, it becomes increasingly difficult for him to mask his feelings until one day he eventually breaks down - how does it happen? How does Jayce react? Alternately, maybe Jayce is ill or has an accident or is emotionally spent by the realization that Viktor is dying and this spurs a confession?

A loves B’s creative works so much it leads to pining for B

This works really nicely from Viktor’s point of view, seeing what Jayce has been working on independently for the first time, but I’m also really into the two of them developing a kind of mutual appreciation society while working on Hextech together. Sharing research, looking forward to surprising and delighting each other with their designs, subtly tailoring their designs for the other and being influenced by one another. Are they aware that they’re pining romantically, or are they convinced that it’s all just professional admiration?

Succession (TV 2018)

Gerri/Roman (Roman pining, requited or unrequited)

I adore these two and their relationship as portrayed on the show. I’m good with the obvious joking references to ageplay, mommy kink etc. but I would prefer no actual ageplay or infantilization as the kink focus of a smut fic. Feel free to lean into Roman’s humiliation kink and and femdom dynamics here. Painplay, watersports are fair game as well.

Trying to ignore feelings while forced to work in close quarters with person of their affection

I’d love to just see more of these two having to collaborate on Waystar business while their whole thing is going on behind the scenes and Roman is pining for Gerri. I loved their escalating interactions in S2 and wanted a lot more of them out of S3, so any kind of missing scene/slice of life aspect of the events of either season would be awesome.

Pining character would cross taboo line for object of pining if needed
Pining character is monster/villain on a leash for object of affection

One of my favorite things about Roman as a character is the tension between his occasional impulse to be better/gain self awareness and his willingness to fully wallow in his worst qualities. I’m really interested in how that would play out in his relationship with Gerri. I could see him being manipulated into self improvement by Gerri and would love to see her mold him into form almost against his will, or alternately deploy him at his worst to serve her needs, possibly against his family? I think the question of how far Roman is willing to go really depends on how far Gerri is willing to push, so how far is that exactly?

Shiv/Roman/Kendall (Shiv, Roman, Kendall or all pining, requited or unrequited)

I’m cool with any combination of pining characters here. I would prefer not to get a fic in which everyone is aware of and cool with incest - the taboo/forbidden aspect is a part of why I’m into the ship and the trope generally. The characters themselves don’t necessarily have to hand-wring over it, but I would appreciate there needing to be at least veneer of secrecy.

Trying not to give away pining while high/drunk

Any flavor of this is great to me. I love seeing these characters get messed up and behave badly - give me over the top party settings where something awful seems like it could happen at any moment

Forbidden/Taboo desires /fear of pining being found out because of incest

I love the pining character here to be majorly fucked up over their desire for their siblings- all three of them can play off some very bad things, but what if this is the bridge much too far? Is Shiv’s brassiness a distraction? Is this the root of Roman’s (imo) borderline paraphilias or Kendall’s substance issues?

Pining A noncons B/C but believes it’s consensual

The three of them are drunk or high and joking around when signals are misinterpreted and things take a turn? Some alternate universe version of Shiv’s wedding weekend where this is Kendall’s disaster instead of the car accident?

Pining character’s feelings are discovered by a third party

This seems particularly apt for Kendall as the pining character - I’m imagining someone like Stewy putting two and two together, but this could work for anyone. What happens? Is the third party sympathetic, are they all over this as blackmail fodder? How does the pining character react? Do they immediately leap to damage control mode?

Profile

jouissant: image of nebula (Default)
jouissant

June 2024

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
161718192021 22
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 4th, 2026 10:10 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios